Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan | What’s next? | What is a Neighbourhood Plan? | Steering Group Members | Meeting Minutes | Contact
Subscribe to email communications about the Neighbourhood Plan. Unsubscribe at any time.
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan
The consultation phase for comment on the draft Neighbourhood Plan for Walsham le Willows between ended on 2nd December 2022.
The draft Walsham le Willows Neighbourhood Plan was submitted to Mid Suffolk Council in April 2023 following approval by the Parish Council.
All submission documents can be found here.
The Neighbourhood Plan has been checked by Mid Suffolk District Council and public consultation begins on 6th June 2023 for six weeks. The plan will then be independently examined before being put to a referendum.
Consultation period with residents and statutory agencies (17th October to 2nd December 2022)– Completed Revisions to the Plan based on consultation responses, then submit to Mid Suffolk District Council– Completed
- Following Submission, the District Council will check the draft plan before publication, including any changes made, and commencement of Regulation 16 public consultation – Submitted to MSDC – Consutation starts 6th June 2023 until 4PM Friday 23rd July.
- Neighbourhood Plan is put forward for independent examination
- Referendum on the Plan
- If the referendum indicates community support, Mid Suffolk District Council will adopt the Neighbourhood Plan
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
The Walsham le Willows Neighbourhood Plan is a planning policy document written by the community to guide future development in the area between 2023 and 2037. It is the first of its kind for the parish and is part of the Government’s current approach to planning.
The Steering Group want to know your views on the draft Plan. Once the Neighbourhood Plan is ‘made’, Mid Suffolk District Council will use it to help to determine planning applications.
Walsham le Willows Parish Council will also use the Neighbourhood Plan to respond to planning applications. The Walsham le Willows Neighbourhood Plan is not a means of stopping development; it is there to ensure that any development takes place in an appropriate way for the area.
Steering group members
- Jimmy Bailey, local resident
- Richard Belson, local resident and Chair of the Parish Council
- Ian Campbell, local resident
- Sally Johnston, local resident
- Alison Martin, local resident
- Suzi Martineau, local resident
- Nick Mecrow, local resident and Parish Councillor
- Gordon Murray, local resident
- Phil Newby, local resident, Chair of Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
|Index||Date||Document / Planned Discussion|
|21||December 2nd 2021||Draft Minutes|
|20||November 4th 2021||Draft Minutes|
|19||October 7th 2021||Minutes|
|18||September 13th 2021||Minutes
|17||March 4th - May 13th 2021||Various agendas, minutes extracted from emails|
|16||November 12th 2020||Minutes
|15||October 15th 2020||Minutes|
|14||September 17th 2020||Notes from meeting
|13||13th August 2020||Core group Meeting 7pm | Notes | discussion was about the first proposals coming out of the consultation day plus the implications of the new planning proposals from Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick|
|12||July 30th 2020||Core group Meeting noteson reflection on outcomes of exhibition day and to formulate plans for next steps|
|11||June 11th 2020||Meeting notes|
|10||June 4th 2020||Meeting notes|
|9||March 12th 2020||Notes from Meeting|
|8||February 13th 2020||Notes from Meeting
|7||2nd May 2019||Minutes
|6||29th November 2018||Notes from Meeting|
|5||4th October 2018||Minutes|
|4||26th July 2018||Minutes|
|3||31 May 2018||Minutes|
|2||25th April 2018||Minutes
|1||28th March 2018||Minutes|