Little Willows Pre-School
Session Times | Governance | Costs | Team | Contact
Little Willows Pre-school has been operating in Walsham for over 26 years, providing Early Years Education (delivering the EYFS) and childcare for both local children and also for those from surrounding areas.
We are OFSTED registered and a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance and Suffolk County Councils List of Providers.
In 1999, after fundraising the necessary money, with the fantastic support of local villagers, the Pre-school moved into their own purpose-built building on the site of the local Primary School.
Little Willows is a thriving group, offering both funded and fee paid pre-school places for 2-to-5-year-olds, along wrap around care for Walsham CEVCP Primary School children, Monday to Friday, term time only. There is plenty of opportunity for both adult led and structured free play. Children are encouraged to be independent learners and to choose from the variety of stimulating activities on offer every day in both our inside and outside classroom. Children have free flow access to our pre-school garden with an all-weather surface that allows the children to be out in the fresh air all year round and in a natural environment.
The emphasis is on play-based learning, giving children a solid foundation in the personal, social, emotional, communication, physical, and academic skills that they will need when they start school.
Morning sessions are 8.45 to 11.45am, afternoon sessions are 11.45 to 2.45pm. Morning and afternoon sessions can be linked to create full day care.
The afternoon session includes our lunchtime routine whereby you provide a packed lunch and a drink for your child (more information on request).
Breakfast and Afterschool Clubs, can also be added to extend the day. (Not advisable for under 3’s)
Wrap Around times: Breakfast club – 8am till 8.40am. After school club – 2.55pm to 4.30/5.30pm. We offer drop off and collection service to and from Walsham CEVCP Primary School.
Little Willows is a registered educational charity and is run by a committee, who are mostly parents of the children attending Little Willows. The members of the committee can change annually and parents are encouraged to stand for election at our AGM. It is however possible to have a number of committee members who are not parents but have an interest in the provision of Early Years Education especially in our village. We are always happy to hear from anyone who feels that they have the requisite skills to help run the preschool.
We accept government funding for children of 3 -years old and some 2-year-olds. The funding begins from the term after their third or second birthday. The universal funding is 15 hours per week (Five 3-hour sessions). We also accept 30-hour funding (places may be limited if we are busy and should include wrap around sessions)
- 3-year-old, 3-hour unfunded session – £13
- 2-year-old, 3-hour unfunded session – £15
- Additional wild card sessions as above (payable on the day).
- Wrap around: Breakfast club – £5, After School club until 4.30 – £7, until 5.30 -£11 (£1 sibling discount for wrap around per booked session)
Fees must be paid by the beginning of each half-term. In certain cases, we can help families with payment plans.Please check www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for childcare funding options.
Our dedicated Team
- Mary More Administrator
- Cheryl Bartholomew (level 3), Deputy, SENCO, and Early Years Play Practitioner.
- Joanne Fisher (level 3), Forest School Co-ordinator and Early Years Play Practitioner.
- Kylie Boccius (early years foundation degree) Manager, Safeguarding lead
- Helen Fairfull (level 4) PANCO and Early Years Play Practitioner.
- Sophie Mayhew(level 5) Early Years Play Practitioner, room leader and community links leader.
- Mel Bignell (level 3) Early years play Mel Bignell (level 3) Early years Play Practioner
- Sophie Wade (level 5) Early Years Play Practitioner, room leader and community links leader.
01359 258702 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com