Send us your comments, views, thoughts, ideas….
The drop in event on 27th June 2018 was a huge success. 138 signatures agreeing the Plan Boundary of the 153 who signed in. See the news page post. An image gallery and published minutes and other documents can be found further down this page.
Meetings are scheduled for every second Thursday of the month.
Thursday 28th of February
A meeting dedicated to exploring what the vision should be for the Village what the key building blocks of the Plan should be. What are our ‘must haves’ and ‘won’t haves’?
The Draft Masterplan for the development of Shepherd’s Grove site will also be discussed.
Neighbourhood Plan - Document & Meeting TimelineThe table below lists the five most recent documents from the neighbourhood planning group. Search or change the filters for more.
Some documents are restricted for compliance with data protection: Access Restricted Documents
Come and join us. Get involved!
Why might Walsham need a Neighbourhood Plan?
Specifically, a Neighbourhood Plan would…
- Give the village a voice, the right to be heard by those who make the local plans.
- Protect and enhance the important character and identity of this historic Suffolk village.
- Ensure suitable size and scale of development in appropriate locations.
- Protect important assets and encourage community benefits.
- Enable Walsham le Willows to maintain its identity as an attractive and comfortable place to live, work and play for both current residents and future generations alike.
In other words, a Neighbourhood Plan, agreed by the people of the village, will sit next to the Local Plan, a document which sets planning policy for the whole District and is currently being developed by MSDC. Along with the Local Plan, a Neighbourhood Plan has to be taken into account by District and County Councils when planning decisions affecting Walsham are under consideration.
It is the view of the Neighbourhood Plan group as currently constituted that if the village wants a voice that will be heard and acted upon, it needs to have a Neighbourhood Plan!
Some ideas to get us started…
SCHOOL & EARLY YEARS
SPORT & LEISURE
JOBS & SHOPS
ANY OTHER IDEAS?
Everyone’s views are important, and indeed required, for the development of a Neighbourhood Plan. The group will be looking to involve the whole village in a search to discover how people see Walsham developing in the future.
Do you agree? This is how can you get involved…
- Read our updates in the Observer
- Drop back here regularly where the latest information can be found on the news page with and outline and archived information on this Neighbourhood Plan page (accessed quickly from the top menu).
- Leave comments on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to play a more active part, meetings are at 7.00pm, on the last Wednesday of the month, at the Priory Room. The group will be happy to welcome you!
Please remember – Everyone’s views are important!
Neighbourhood Planning Group Contacts
|#||Member & email||Telephone|
|01359 259 794
|01359 259 459|