Send us your comments, views, thoughts, ideas….
The drop in event on 27th June was a huge success. 138 signatures agreeing the Plan Boundary of the 153 who signed in. See the news page post about the event.
Next meeting: Thursday 26th July @ 7pm – Sports Club
Agenda for this meeting is to get the working groups up and running with named leads so that these can report back at the meeting scheduled for October and we can then take stake stock of where we have got too, which will obviously not be the finished article by that stage so hopefully it’s not too intimidating! The plan is to book the NP lead from Mid Suffolk for the November meeting to help us reflect at that stage and to work out the next steps.
It would be very helpful if all the people who have already expressed an interest in a particular area of the plan can come along to the meeting on 26th July. But there will also be some gaps so the more people we have the more likely we are to succeed, by team working, in getting something drafted for all the areas identified so far.
Subsequent Meeting: Thursday 25th October @ 7pm – Priory Room [venue TBC]
Come and join us. Get involved!
Why might Walsham need a Neighbourhood Plan?
Specifically, a Neighbourhood Plan would…
- Give the village a voice, the right to be heard by those who make the local plans.
- Protect and enhance the important character and identity of this historic Suffolk village.
- Ensure suitable size and scale of development in appropriate locations.
- Protect important assets and encourage community benefits.
- Enable Walsham le Willows to maintain its identity as an attractive and comfortable place to live, work and play for both current residents and future generations alike.
In other words, a Neighbourhood Plan, agreed by the people of the village, will sit next to the Local Plan, a document which sets planning policy for the whole District and is currently being developed by MSDC. Along with the Local Plan, a Neighbourhood Plan has to be taken into account by District and County Councils when planning decisions affecting Walsham are under consideration.
It is the view of the Neighbourhood Plan group as currently constituted that if the village wants a voice that will be heard and acted upon, it needs to have a Neighbourhood Plan!
Some ideas to get us started…
SCHOOL & EARLY YEARS
SPORT & LEISURE
JOBS & SHOPS
ANY OTHER IDEAS?
Everyone’s views are important, and indeed required, for the development of a Neighbourhood Plan. The group will be looking to involve the whole village in a search to discover how people see Walsham developing in the future.
Do you agree? This is how can you get involved…
- Read our updates in the Observer
- Drop back here regularly where the latest information can be found on the news page with and outline and archived information on this Neighbourhood Plan page (accessed quickly from the top menu).
- Leave comments on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to play a more active part, meetings are at 7.00pm, on the last Wednesday of the month, at the Priory Room. The group will be happy to welcome you!
Please remember – Everyone’s views are important!
Neighbourhood Plan - Document & Meeting TimelineThe table below lists the five most recent documents from the neighbourhood planning group. Search or change the filters for more.
Some documents are restricted for compliance with data protection: Access Restricted Documents
|7||27th June 2018||News item 'all day' drop in session - Plan Boundary
Views collected on proposed strands of the Neighbourhood Plan...
Jobs & Shops
School & Early Years
Sports & Lesiure
|6||31 May 2018||Minutes|
|5||25th April 2018||Minutes
|4||28th March 2018||Minutes|
|3||27th February 2018||Draft Mission Statement|
|2||27th February 2018||Minutes|
|1||2015||Housing Needs Survey|
Neighbourhood Planning Group Contacts
|#||Member & email||Telephone|
|01359 259 794
|01359 259 459|