Send us your comments, views, thoughts, ideas….
Next Meeting Neighbourhood Plan Group
Wednesday 27th June @ 7.00 – Priory Room
Why might Walsham need a Neighbourhood Plan?
Specifically, a Neighbourhood Plan would…
- Give the village a voice, the right to be heard by those who make the local plans.
- Protect and enhance the important character and identity of this historic Suffolk village.
- Ensure suitable size and scale of development in appropriate locations.
- Protect important assets and encourage community benefits.
- Enable Walsham le Willows to maintain its identity as an attractive and comfortable place to live, work and play for both current residents and future generations alike.
In other words, a Neighbourhood Plan, agreed by the people of the village, will sit next to the Local Plan, a document which sets planning policy for the whole District and is currently being developed by MSDC. Along with the Local Plan, a Neighbourhood Plan has to be taken into account by District and County Councils when planning decisions affecting Walsham are under consideration.
It is the view of the Neighbourhood Plan group as currently constituted that if the village wants a voice that will be heard and acted upon, it needs to have a Neighbourhood Plan!
Some ideas to get us started…
SCHOOL & EARLY YEARS
SPORT & LEISURE
JOBS & SHOPS
ANY OTHER IDEAS?
Everyone’s views are important, and indeed required, for the development of a Neighbourhood Plan. The group will be looking to involve the whole village in a search to discover how people see Walsham developing in the future.
Do you agree? This is how can you get involved…
- Read our updates in the Observer
- Visit walsham-le-willows.org where the latest information can be found on the main page blog with archived information on this Neighbourhood Plan page (see below).
- Leave comments on email@example.com
- If you would like to play a more active part, meetings are at 7.00pm, on the last Wednesday of the month, at the Priory Room. We will be happy to welcome you!
Please remember – Everyone’s views are important!
The table below lists the five most recent documents from the neighbourhood planning group. Search or change the filters for more.
|6||27th June 2018||Next Meeting: Agenda to follow|
|5||25th April 2018||DRAFT Minutes|
|4||28th March 2018||Minutes|
|3||27th February 2018||Draft Mission Statement|
|2||27th February 2018||Minutes|
|1||2015||Housing Needs Survey|