Last updated on September 16th, 2017 at 01:45 am
Walsham-le-Willows Community Council
The Community Council is a voluntary organisation and a registered charity established for the benefit of the community at large with its membership comprising all residents of the parish.
Walsham-le-Willows Community Council was established in 1967 and was registered as The Charitable Trust [No. 278321] with the Charities Commission for England and Wales, in October 1979.
Community Council Minutes
# Year Minutes
The responsibilities of Walsham le Willows Community Council are:
- To manage the Memorial Village Hall [The Memorial Hall Registered Trust No. 304950], its garden, grounds, the bowling green and car park.
- To promote the social, educational and recreational life of the community as required by our Charitable Status within the National Charities Commission.
Specific Activities of the Community Council
- The upkeep and hiring out of the Memorial Hall
- The funding and publication of The Walsham Observer
- Hosting the Satellite Post Office and running the Coffee Shop
- The provision of entertainment (cinema, local music, drama and dance performances, touring theatre groups)
- Walsham Watch, an offshoot of the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
The Executive Committee comprises:
- 4 Honorary Officers – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
- a maximum of 14 other Elected Members (Resident individuals who are 18+ and are interested in furthering the work of the Council).
- another 4 Representative Members (Parish Council, Sports Club, Women’s Institute and Parochial Church Council).
Rob Barber, Ian Bartholomew, Ian Campbell and Maggie Barber
Elected Statutory Representatives
- Chair – Rob Barber, Coffee Shop contact
- Vice Chair – Jeannie Bloomfield, Observer Editor
- Treasurer – Ian Bartholomew
- Secretary – Maggie Barber, Creative Arts East contact
Elected Representatives of four Statutory Village Organisations
- Trevor Roberts – Parish Council
- Jean Nielsen – Parochial Church Council
- Ian Campbell – Sports Club
- Barbara Wills – Women’s Institute
Other Committee Members (with particular areas of interest)
- Richard Belson – contact for Eastern Angles Touring Theatre
- Kevin Boardley – web site
- Keith Rothon – Hiring and maintenance of Memorial Hall
- Ken Stockton – Walsham Watch
- Judith Thomas – Walsham Concert Party
- Shirley White – Community Lunches
- Jaclyn Clark
- Mick Mansfield
- Ralph Hubbard
- Janet Hubbard
Rob Barber (Chair) using the contact form or on the number at bottom of page.