The Walsham-le-Willows Community Council is a voluntary organisation and a registered charity established for the benefit of the community at large with its membership comprising all residents of the parish.
The Community Council was established in 1967 and was registered as The Charitable Trust [No. 278321] with the Charities Commission for England and Wales, in October 1979.
The responsibilities of the Community Council
- To manage the Memorial Village Hall [The Memorial Hall Registered Trust No. 304950], its garden, grounds, the bowling green and car park.
- To promote the social, educational and recreational life of the community as required by our Charitable Status within the National Charities Commission.
Specific Activities of the Community Council
- The upkeep and hiring out of the Memorial Hall
- The funding and publication of The Walsham Observer
- Hosting the Satellite Post Office and running the Coffee Shop
- The provision of entertainment (cinema, local music, drama and dance performances, touring theatre groups)
- Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Community Council Executive CommitteeLists all current Executive Committee members comprised of, elected Honorary Officers, Trustees, Representative members and Other Committee members with specified area of interest if any.
|Honourary Officer : Chair [also temporary caretaker Memorial Hall]||Fred Bloomfield|
|Honourary Officer : Vice Chair||Janet Hubbard|
|Honourary Officer : Treasurer||Caroline Niall|
|Honourary Officer : Secretary||Kevin Nelson|
|Representative Member: Parochial Church Council||Jean Nielsen|
|Representative Member: Parish Council||Trevor Roberts|
|Representative Member: Sports Club||Shirley White|
|Representative Member: Women’s Institute||Barbara Wills|
|Committee Member: contact for Eastern Angles Touring Theatre||Richard Belson|
|Committee Member:||Jeannie Bloomfield|
|Committee Member: Website||Kevin Boardley|
|Committee Member:||P Cobbold|
|Committee Member:||Sarah Cousins|
|Committee Member:||Amanda Ellis|
|Committee Member:||Janet Hubbard|
|Committee Member:||Ralph Hubbard|
|Committee Member:||Donna Lockyer|
|Committee Member: Neighbourhood Watch||David Murray|
|Committee Member:||Sarah Rossiter|
|Committee Member: Walsham Concert Party||Judith Thomas|
|Committee Member:||Emma Wade|
|Committee Member: Memorial Hall Bookings||Angela Wiley|
Community Council DocumentsGoverning documents, policies and procedures etc
|3||Fire Risk & Evacuation Policy|
|2||Health & Safety Policy|
Rob Barber (Chair) using the contact form or on the number at bottom of page.