The Walsham-le-Willows Community Council is a voluntary organisation and a registered charity established for the benefit of the community at large with its membership comprising all residents of the parish.
The Executive Committee holds no power other than that vested in it by the residents of the village as reflected in elections which are held at a properly constituted Annual General Meeting and as determined at meetings.
Many villages used to have a Communtiy Council but Walshsam Community Council is now one of only two remaining in Suffolk.
- To manage the Memorial Village Hall [The Memorial Hall Registered Trust No. 304950], its garden, grounds, the bowling green and car park.
- To promote the social, educational and recreational life of the community as required by our Charitable Status within the National Charities Commission.
- The upkeep and hiring out of the Memorial Hall
- The funding and publication of The Walsham Observer
- Hosting the Satellite Post Office and running the Coffee Shop
- The provision of entertainment (cinema, local music, drama and dance performances, touring theatre groups)
- Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Lists all current Executive Committee members comprised of, elected Honorary Officers, Trustees, Representative members and Other Committee members with specified area of interest if any, as elected at the Special General Meeting and subsequent Annual General Meeting, both held on 28th October 2019.
The Executive Committee holds no power other than that vested in it by the residents of the village as expressed in elections which are held at a properly constituted Annual General Meeting.
|Role||Name & Email||Other Contact Details|
|Executive Committee: Chair||Amanda Ellis||07507 992 382|
|Executive Committee: Vice Chair||Ian Campbell MBE||01359 259 229|
|Executive Committee: Treasurer||Caroline Niall||01359 259 229|
|Executive Committee: Secretary||Ian Bartholomew||01359 258 349|
|Statutory Member: Parochial Church Council||Jean Nielsen||01359 259 549|
|Statutory Member: Parish Council||Trevor Roberts||01359 251 144|
|Statutory Member: Sports Club||Shirley White||01359 258 532|
|Statutory Member: Women’s Institute||Mary Bradley||01359 259 224|
|Committee Member: Neighbourhood Watch||David Murray||07740 123585|
|Committee Member:||Cheryl Bartholomew||01359 258349|