Last updated on October 13th, 2017 at 01:38 am
The Walsham-le-Willows Community Council is a voluntary organisation and a registered charity established for the benefit of the community at large with its membership comprising all residents of the parish.
The Community Council was established in 1967 and was registered as The Charitable Trust [No. 278321] with the Charities Commission for England and Wales, in October 1979.
Community Council Meeting Records
The published Minutes and the latest Agenda of Walsham-le-Willows Community Council.
Index Year Meeting Date Records
20 2017 3rd October Agenda
19 2017 5th September Minutes
18 2017 1st August Minutes
17 2017 4th July Minutes
16 2017 8th June AGM Minutes
15 2017 6th June Minutes
14 2017 2nd May Minutes
13 2017 5th April Minutes
12 2017 7th March Minutes
11 2017 7th February Minutes
10 2017 3rd January Minutes
9 2016 12th December Minutes
8 2016 1st November Minutes
7 2016 4th October Minutes
6 2016 6th September Minutes
5 2016 2nd August Minutes
4 2016 5th July Minutes
3 2016 7th June AGM Minutes
2 2016 7th June Minutes
1 2016 8th June Chair's Report to AGM
The responsibilities of the Community Council
- To manage the Memorial Village Hall [The Memorial Hall Registered Trust No. 304950], its garden, grounds, the bowling green and car park.
- To promote the social, educational and recreational life of the community as required by our Charitable Status within the National Charities Commission.
Specific Activities of the Community Council
- The upkeep and hiring out of the Memorial Hall
- The funding and publication of The Walsham Observer
- Hosting the Satellite Post Office and running the Coffee Shop
- The provision of entertainment (cinema, local music, drama and dance performances, touring theatre groups)
- Walsham Watch, an offshoot of the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
The Executive Committee comprises:
- 4 Honorary Officers – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
- a maximum of 14 other Elected Members (Resident individuals who are 18+ and are interested in furthering the work of the Council).
- another 4 Representative Members (Parish Council, Sports Club, Women’s Institute and Parochial Church Council).
Rob Barber, Ian Bartholomew, Ian Campbell and Maggie Barber
Elected Statutory Representatives
- Chair – Rob Barber, Coffee Shop contact
- Vice Chair – Jeannie Bloomfield, Observer Editor
- Treasurer – Ian Bartholomew
- Secretary – Maggie Barber, Creative Arts East contact
Elected Representatives of four Statutory Village Organisations
- Trevor Roberts – Parish Council
- Jean Nielsen – Parochial Church Council
- Ian Campbell – Sports Club
- Barbara Wills – Women’s Institute
Other Committee Members (with particular areas of interest)
- Richard Belson – contact for Eastern Angles Touring Theatre
- Kevin Boardley – web site
- Keith Rothon – Hiring and maintenance of Memorial Hall
- Ken Stockton – Walsham Watch
- Judith Thomas – Walsham Concert Party
- Shirley White – Community Lunches
- Jaclyn Clark
- Mick Mansfield
- Ralph Hubbard
- Janet Hubbard
[easy_media_download url=”https://www.walsham-le-willows.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Walsham-le-Willows-Community-Council-Constitution-June2010.pdf” text=”Constitution pdf” force_dl=”1″]
Rob Barber (Chair) using the contact form or on the number at bottom of page.