The Congregational Church in Walsham is an integral part of the history of the village. The building work was originally commenced by the Methodists in the 1840’s (the precise date is not known), as a Wesleyan Church. However, due to financial difficulties they were unable to finalise the project, which was then taken over and completed by the Congregationalists.
Regular church services have been held there ever since that date. Currently the church has Sunday Services which are held each week at 11.00am and at 6.30 pm for anybody who is interested to learn of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is a Sunday School (duration 1 hour) every Sunday at 9.45 am and all children are most welcome to come along. A Ladie’s Fellowship is another aspect of the ministry at the church.
For over 50 years an Easter Convention has been conducted at the church in the week leading up to Easter. Preachers are invited from around the country and folk attend from a wide area for the purpose of the deepening of their spiritual lives.